Most of the banks provide locker facility to keep your valuable items such as important documents, gold and other valuable items. The reason why should I use a bank locker and how secure are the valuable goods in them are mentioned below:
- One of the most important reason to keep your important papers and other valued articles in bank lockers is their safety from any kind of damage. There are more chances of damage or important papers being misplaced if you keep them at home whereas it does not happen if you keep them in bank lockers.
- The second important reason for keeping precious items in the bank lockers is their security. The chances of your important goods being stolen are far less if you keep them in locker facility provided by the bank. It is the duty of the bank to safeguard your products if you opt for lockers.
- In case of items being lost due to robbery or theft in the bank, you will get compensation from the bank as they sign an agreement with the customer.
- It provides relief to the customers from the burden of keeping their precious items at home.
- Banks also provide an option of nominee for the locker to the customer.
The locker size and their charges may vary depending on the product size and its weight. Most of the banks offer locker facility at different price at different locations. Some banks also charge some amount of fee in case of keys of the locker being lost by the customer.
In the end we can say that using bank lockers is one the best alternative for keeping your valuables such as important papers and jewellery for safety and security purpose.