How to Track Your Lost Smartphone
In today’s era, people are extremely addicted to smartphones, they cannot even imagine their lives without it, but what if your smartphone is lost somewhere??? Well in that case, checkout tricks on How to Track Your Lost Smartphone.
With these simple steps, if your Android or iOS or Windows phone is lost or someone has stolen it, you can easily find its location without any app installed in you device. Yes, you can do a lot to search your smartphone without any tracking app!
Google play offers numerous of apps that guarantee protection and tracking facility at the time of fraudulent activities. However, you might not know that Google has its very own android device manager by which you can find your lost phone without installing any app. From here, learn how to Track Your Lost Smartphone within few minutes.
How To Track Your Lost Smartphone
How to Track Your Lost Android, iOS, Windows Smartphone
Method 1: Track Your Smartphone Using Google’s Android Device Manager
Android Device Manager is the Google’s free tool to locate, ring and wipe your device remotely. You do not have to install any app to track your device, but there are a few requirements:
- To access your Android Device Manager, login to your Google Account linked to your phone and go to Android Device Manager.
- Your device must be connected with your Google account.
- Your device must have access to the internet.
- Allow Android Device Manager (ADM) to locate your device (turned on by default). This can changed in the Google Settings app.
- Allow Android Device Manager to lock your device and erase its data (turned off by default).
Get 9 Tips & Apps to Boost Your Mobile Battery: How to Increase Android Battery Life
After following above stated steps, you may see the location of your lost device. Beneath the device name there are two different icons – Ring, and Set up Lock & Erase. Let’s look at how each of them works in; you need to select any one.
1) Selecting the Ring option will allow the app to make your device ring itself at highest volume for few minutes, even if it’s locked and set to vibrate. This is mainly useful if you’ve lost it somewhere in the house.
2) Selecting Setup Lock and Erase will display a dialog box telling you to send the device a notification.
- Tap send and you’ll see a message appear in your notification bar for Android Device Manager, tap this.
- In pop-up, you need to enter new password, and hit on ‘Confirm’ button. You may also enter recovery message and your phone number. These will display on device which is lost. When you are done to lock the lost device at all, press on ‘Lock’.
- Press on ‘GPS icon’ which is visible on top-right of box next to pencil icon, for locating device. For this feature to work, you need to have location access permit on your Android device.
- Your missing Device can now only be unlocked by using password which you have just set. If you think you cannot recover your phone, you must use ‘Erase’ button.
- Erase option make factory reset on your device, but once you do this, Android Device Manager will also not work. In case there’s no laptop around when you lose your device, you can also use someone else’s Android phone to track it.
- Instead of using the mobile browser, you can also use the Android Device Manager app. Now you should be able to track your lost device, let it ring or wipe its data and solve your problem that How To Track Your Lost Smartphone.
Read Out Difference: Why Smart phones Are Better than Tablets
Method 2: Use Google Maps Location History
Android Device Manager doesn’t track your phone’s location history, but Google Maps does – or at least, it does if you haven’t turned that feature off in your Google Account. You can sometimes find where your missing phone has been by visiting the Location History page and checking the timestamps.
This will help you recognize where your device was last seen, and if it still is signed into your Google account, it will be updating its location information to Google. This is a possible alternative in case android device manager fails to track.
- Your device is connected with your Google account.
- Your device has access to the internet.
- Location Reporting and Location History need to be activated on your device (can be done in the Google Settings app on your device).
Do you Know? How to Fix Hanging Problems in Smartphone
Method 3: Remotely Install A Security Application
To do this, your device must be signed into your account, and be connected to the internet. There are many great apps for this, but Android Lost is the one that stands out. It can remotely control nearly every aspect of your phone (And shows up in your launcher as Personal Notes). It is also a good way to locate your phone.
Alternatively there are a lot of apps on the Google Play Store that offer something similar, but Google’s Android Device Manager Works well, is simple, and best of all its completely free.
Note: This is How To Track Your Lost Smartphone, for more interested facts, stay connected with us through our web portal.
Have a look on below links