Many of us come across a situation of losing baggage at the airport or during flight. Further we will tell you some steps for recovering your lost items from airline authorities.
- The first important step is to immediately inform the airport authorities if you find that your bag/briefcase have been lost. This will help them in resolving the issue as early as possible.
- The next step is telling the concerned department about where you had lost it such as either on the airport or in the flight or during inspection and also let them know when you had lost it. They will ask you to fill a form related to your lost articles.
- You must mention in the form about the luggage details such as its color, size and shape and types of contents that your luggage contains. This will help them in quick recovery of your lost luggage.
- In case you have lost your belongings on the flight then please mention about flight details such as flight timings, destination point and reference number too.
- You can also check the status of your lost baggage either or the internet by entering the reference number and your last name or calling the airline administration department.
- The administration authority will return your luggage within few days if they find it.
- While receiving your bag don’t forget to check the contents. In case you find anything is missing or damaged then you can ask for compensation of your missing items.
- You must submit your claim for damaged articles within 7 days after knowing that your baggage has been damaged.
We hope that these points will definitely help you in recovering your missing items from airport authority.