A complaint is a description of problems and all the process that are to be followed by one in order to resolve it before reaching the point where one has no options left. If any person wants to do a complaint regarding any company then he must be a consumer first. If a person has purchased goods and services for his business like for re- selling them, then he is not a consumer. But if a person has acquired goods for his own use like medicines, mobiles, laptops, books etc. then he is definitely a consumer. In this article you will get to know How to complain about a travel company. Here is the simple procedure:
In order to make a complaint, one must need to keep these points in mind:
- Person must be a consumer first.
- A person must give a clear one month’s notice in writing to the service provider of the company asking it to resolve the faults and defects.
- Grievance need to be filed by complainant within 2 years of the cause of action.
The grievance form is to be arranged in a proper format. Here is the simple procedure for filling a complaint form:
- A person needs to fill an application form for condonation of delay (in case of delay), giving the proper reason for delay and duly affirmed before a notary public.
- All the details of grievance are to be arranged in chronological order with giving proper reason of claims.
- Complaint form has to be signed by Complainant.
- One needs to submit an affidavit and proof that all the contents of grievance are true.
Where One Should File His Complaint
A person can file his complaint in consumer forum and it depends on relief claimed in the complaint. Here is the amount involved jurisdiction:
|Amount Involved||Authority||Fees (as per the amount)|
|Up to Rs. 20 Lakh||District Consumer Forum||Up to Rs. 500|
|Rs.20 Lakh to Rs. 1 Crore||State Consumer Forum||Up to Rs. 4000|
|More than 1 Crore||National Consumer Forum||Rs. 5000|
Procedure of payment
A prescribed fee has to be paid by the complainant in the form of demand draft. The demand draft should be in favor of the president of the concerned authority (District, State or National).