10 Tips To Save Money From Taxes Legally
As per the Income tax Act, a certain amount of deduction can be claimed by any class of tax payers at the time of filing of Income Tax return. These deductions can only be claimed if you have the proper knowledge of 10 Tips To Save Money From Taxes Legally.
To save your money from high amount of Income tax, you should do proper planning throughout the year. With the below stated simple ways to save tax in India, you can easily plan to save tax and avail the benefits of Income Tax Return.
These most efficient ways to save tax will teach you to get some percentage of deduction in the gross total income and hence income tax would be imposed on the remaining amount on the basis of income tax slabs in force. So check out the legal ways to save money from taxes.
10 Tips To Save Money From Taxes
How To Save Income Tax Through Tax Planning?
1) Salary Restructuring
Restructuring your salary may not always be possible. But if your company permits, or if you are on good terms with your HR department, restructuring a few components could reduce your tax liability. Here are some of the safe components of your salary structure which can minimize your tax burden and help you plan your Salary Structure
- Opt for food coupons instead of lunch allowances, as they are exempt from tax up to Rs. 50 per meal
- Include medical allowance, transport allowance, education allowance, uniform expenses (if any), and telephone expenses as part of salary. Produce bills of actual expenses incurred for these allowances to reduce tax
- Opt for the company car instead of using your own car, to reduce high prerequisite taxation. This is one of the most efficient tips to save money from taxes.
Know How To Add Money In Your Paytm Wallet: How to Create a PayTM Account
2) Leave Travel Allowance
LTA is one of best Tax saving tools available to employees. As per the Rules, you can claim the LTA benefit only twice during the block of 4 years. To satisfy the issue How to save money from taxes, following condition should be satisfied:
- You should travel anywhere in India.
- Travel should be from the shortest route.
- It is also limited to two times in a block of 4 years.
- You can claim the maximum for AC-I of the train journey and economy class of air travel.
Know Here: How To Make Online Payment
3) Income Tax saving on House Rent Allowance (HRA)
House Rent Allowance (HRA) is best tax saving tools available to employees. With these you can save upto 50% of your salary if you reside in Metro (40% of your salary if you reside in non-metro). This is one of the best tips for income tax deductions. As per income Tax act, for calculation House rent allowance least of the following is available as deduction:
- Actual HRA received
- 50% / 40%(metro / non-metro) of basic ‘salary’
- Rent paid minus 10% of basic salary.
- Leave Travel Allowances.
4) Invest and Reduce Taxable Income
Certain investments give your tax rebate. These investments come under section 80C of deductions. The amount invested is deducted from your taxable income. Many of such investments are Contribution to EPF, Deposit in PPF account, National Saving Certificate (NSC) and others. This is one of the highly used tips for income tax return.
Read Out: Difference Between Policy And Scheme
5) Medical Insurance Deduction
Your expense of medical insurance can give you the opportunity to save tax. Under section 80D of the income tax act, you can get the tax benefit for the insurance premium. You can get a tax deduction of up to Rs 65,000 under the section 80D. Like any other tax saving option, there are some limitations with section 80D. To save taxes in India, this is one of the most recommended Tips To Save Money From Taxes Legally.
6) Expenses Eligible for Tax Saving
Under the limit of 1.5 lakh deduction there are some expenses as well. With the help of this tip , you can file for income tax return.
- Home loan principal payment- Home loan EMI has two-part, principal and interest. Principal part gives tax saving benefit under section 80C. Know more about the tax benefit of home loan
- Tuition fees, whether at the time of admission or thereafter, paid to any university, college, school or other educational institution situated in India
Know Steps To Be Followed: How To Buy An Insurance Policy
7) Enjoy Tax Benefit on Home Loan Interest Payment
Home loan interest payment enjoys separate tax saving. The limit of deduction for home loan interest payment is increased to 2.5 lakhs in the budget 2016. This deduction can give you a very big tax saving. But, the loan amount has to be big to get the total benefit. The joint home loan is a very good method to double your tax saving. This is amongst the 10 Tips To Save Money From Taxes Legally.
8) Set off Capital Gain
You cannot avoid tax on short-term capital gains. However, you can claim deductions to lower the tax liability on long-term gains. Buying a house is a popular investment option. Long-term capital gains from selling a house get tax exemption if they are invested in buying or building a new house.
Get Smart Ways to Use Credit Cards: 10 Top Credit Cards Usage Tips For 2018
The new house has to be bought one year before the transfer of the first house or within two years after the sale. The deduction allowed is equal to the actual investment or the capital gain, whichever is lower.
If you plan to use the gain to build a house, it has to be done within three years of the sale of the property. When you buy a plot to build a house, the cost of land is included in the construction cost. Even buying an under-construction property entitles you to tax deduction. This is how you can save your income from taxes.
9) Boost your retirement savings
Voluntarily lowering your take-home paycheck by upping your retirement contributions might be painful in the short-term, but it offers two benefits. First, you beef up your retirement savings, and second, you lower your tax burden.
Money funneled into certain types of retirement accounts, including 401(k)s and IRAs, is tax deductible, within limits. With his tip you can do proper Income Tax Planning.
Must Read Out: New Laws Regarding Loans
10) Giving Away Money for Charity
Donating money to charitable organizations or trusts allow you to get exemption. However, not every charity gives you 100% tax saving. Donations to the PM relief fund, some notified NGO and political parties can give you the 100% tax benefit. Donations to institutions engaged in scientific research or rural development qualify for deductions and claim tax rebate.
Hope the above 10 Tips To Save Money From Taxes will give you a basic idea of tax saving ways. Share your opinion about tax saving methods by putting your comment below and stay in touch with us only at customer-carenumber.com to get more interesting articles.
Have a look on below links