In layman terms DTH or Direct To Home Service refers to receiving satellite programmes through your own dish at home. Some of the DTH service providers in India which offers best picture quality for your home theatre are mentioned below.
- Dishtv: It offers two types of packs namely platinum with 231 channels apart from the regional channels at no extra charge and it will cost Rs. 350. The second one is family pack in which there are 189 channels and auto search feature at the cost of Rs. 176.
- Tata Sky: Tata sky provides south sports pack with 82 channels in high definition with extra charges and interactive service too. The cost will be Rs. 150 per month.
- Airtel: The company has three plans with airtel ultra pack @ Rs. 360/month, value sports @Rs. 158/month and @Rs. 160/month. There will be extra charges for high definition.
- Reliance: Reliance provides four packs namely south gold at Rs. 248; gold pack at Rs. 248, silver south plus @ Rs. 221 and silver plus @ Rs. 221.
- Sun Direct: Sun direct has five packs which are hindi pack with 7 channels at Rs. 1330; kannada value with 11 channels @ Rs. 1490; malayalam value with 13 channels at Rs. 1490; telgu value with 17 channels @ Rs. 1490 and tamil value with 16 channels at Rs. 1490.
- DD Direct Plus: It is free to air digital satellite service provided by doordarshan to households and business firms in India. It offers 59 television and 25 radio channels.
- Videocon: Videocon is one of the rapidly growing DTH service provider in India. Some of the packages offered by them are super gold, gold entertainment hd, new diamond and platinum pack.
Therefore, we conclude that DTH service offers high quality picture at affordable price.