How To Port Your Mobile Number
Are you bored from your current mobile network? So, you must be thinking now How To Port Your Mobile Number in simple steps only. Lots of people think that it is difficult to port the mobile network into another network.
But with the introduction of new technologies and advancements, switching of mobile network has become much easier task.
Well, whether you are using Airtel, idea, Vodafone, Aircel, Tata docomo, BSNL or any other network.
The Mobile Number Portability Service is available in all networks. The Indian telecom industry has offered MNP services in both connections including CDMA and GSM. Now you can also switch your same network which is buffering all the time and change your mobile number to another network by the short and simple amendment procedure.
Get Details – Tricks to Directly Call Customer Care Representative
Eligibility And Other Conditions For Porting A Mobile Number
There are some specific team and conditions required to get eligible for porting your mobile number to other network operator.
Check Here – How to Get Talktime Loan On Mobile Number
Steps For Porting Your Mobile Number To Another Network
To get to know that How to Do a Mobile Number Portability (How To Port Your Mobile Number To Another Network) you are required to go through the following simple and easy steps and also implement it while doing so…
Here’s the guidelines that how you can port your existing mobile number to another Network very conveniently without facing hindrances–
- First of all, you have to send the SMS from your mobile… Send SMS to 1900 in the following format as given below-
(Note: As ‘PORT’ is not case sensitive so must keep space between port and your number for sending SMS).
- After waiting for few seconds you will get UPC (Unique Porting Code) through SMS from 1901.
- Then the operator of the will give subscribers 8 digit alpha-numeric code (UPC) and UPC expiry date in MM/DD/YYYY format only to post the mobile network to another.
- Now you need to visit the nearest branch or showroom and ask for mobile port and all concern what you want.
- After that you need to fill up Mobile Number Porting (MNP) form with relevant details carefully such as Current Mobile Number, Current Operator name and UPC code then submit Id proof Photocopy and latest Passport size photo.
- After document submission you will get the new SIM and within one day you will get the acceptance message of porting
- Afterwards only within 7days (15th working day in case of Jammu & Kashmir, Assam and North East service areas your new SIM will be activated.
- At last all you need to do is Insert the new SIM in your phone and then enjoy the new network with old number.
Check Now – Mobile Network Operators Customer Care Number
Some Commonly Asked Questions Regarding Porting Of Networking
- Can I Transfer A Disconnected Number?
If your number was already disconnected and you want to transfer it to another network then you are not allowed for it, as you can port only activated number
- Will I Lose Service?
- If you the same query that while porting will you lose the service of calling or texting then you are informed that porting process is designed to minimize the time only so you will didn’t lose the service till it get permanently ported.
- Till you have received your new network with the PAC code, you old network and PAC code will be activated, which means you will receive calls and texts
- How Long Does It Take For Porting Number From One Operator To Another?
Generally Porting take 4 days to 7 days, but it will not take more than 15 days.
- I Have A CDMA Phone; Can I Switch To GSM Operator Or Vice Versa?
Yes, you can switch to GSM operator from CDMA phone or vice versa.
- What Are The Benefits Of Mobile Network Porting?
The main benefits or mobile network portability is you can choose the network you want without losing your current number and enjoy new network service.
- Do I Need A New Handset When I Change Providers?
No you are required for new handset as while posting you just get new SIM card and you use this in your existing handset.
- Can I Transfer (Port) My Pre- Paid Mobile Phone Number?
Yes, you can port both pre-paid and post-paid mobile phone numbers as this service is also available by Service provider.
Know About – Pros And Cons Of Postpaid And Prepaid Connections
How To Do A Mobile Number Portability For Subscribers
- First of all, consumer need to contact the new network service provider for whom you want to get your mobile number port.
- Now you need to full the specified eligibility and other conditions as specified by the network service provider.
- Get the Customer acquisition Form (CAF) & Porting Form.
- The eligible customers need to obtain ‘Unique Porting Code’ by sending an SMS from the mobile number you want to port to the number ‘1900’ with text ‘PORT’ followed by space followed by your 10 digit mobile number you want to port.
- Next is to fill up the CAF and Porting Form.
- Finally, submit the duly filled Porting Form and CAF along with necessary credentials.
Get Details – How To Fix Hanging Problems In Smartphone
- The postpaid subscriber need to submit a paid copy of the last bill issued with the Porting Form and CAF.
- Now get the new SIM card from the new mobile network service provider.
Also Check – How to Increase Android Battery Life
We hope that now you have got to know How To Port Your Mobile Number to another mobile network operator. Stay connected with our web portal customer-carenumber.com for coolstuff like this.
Have A Look On Below Links